The training consists of several components (total duration 12 hours):
- 9 online classes which can be watched as a VOD (12 hrs) – topics stated under "More information"
One gets access to all VODs part of the course, handouts, literature, measurement tools, instruction formats, treatment plan and treatment format, but there are no live practicums.
If you are interested in participating at the practicums as well, please purchase 'Online ttraing & practicum' or click here
How to set up your own (C)PTSD treatment and how to enhance the treatment
Treating patients with (C)PTSD symptoms is quite difficult sometimes. Often there are so many traumatic events that one does not know where to start. Or every week something else seems to draw attention. Also, for many patients the road seems long, when only one session per week can be offered. Not only patients, but also therapists seek ways to intensify their treatment. Scientific research indicates it results in less drop-out from therapy and faster alleviation from symptoms.
It is important to set up a good treatment plan and to be able to address and discuss how to deal with dissociation, avoidance, self-harming behavior and suicidality for example. Also, it is important to have an understanding of what you are treating exactly. A clear goal, using the right diagnostic instruments, intensifying treatment and a well-defined plan in which there is a clear case-conceptualization will help to start and monitor treatment and stay on track.
- Learn how to set up your own intensive trauma treatment program
- Learn how to do intensive trauma treatment online
- Be able to set up a treatment plan for treating (C)PTSD
- Learn how to do the target selection and how to integrate triggers and avoidance behavior in treatment
- Know which diagnostic instruments to use and be able to select how and when to measure symptoms
- Enhance treatment and know how to deliver several treatment components more efficiently (EMDR/ imaginal exposure) and have knowledge about other program components (exercise an psycho-education)
Participants will obtain:
- All handouts of the training
- A format of the treatment plan with instructions on how to fill in
- Information about several measurement tools
- A handout with specific instructions for optimizing imaginal exposure
- A handout with specific instructions for optimizing EMDR
- A handout with instructions for online trauma treatment
12 EMDRIA credits (masters level CEs)